Ciao a Tutti,
we have received a lot of inquiries about the upcoming ReticoloFX Expert Advisor, and for a good reason 😉 At the time of writing ReticoloFX is still continuing to churn pips and it just reached +9500 pips of profits in 1 month (that’ about 11.8% of the starting balance, and the current drawdown is only 1%):
If this is the first time you read about ReticoloFX then the following posts can bring you up to date on all the recent fuss:
- +6593 Pips In 3 Weeks… And Counting!
- ReticoloFX: Another Great Day With +750 Pips Profit… So Far!
- ReticoloFX: Strategy Unveiled
Of course the question many of you have asked is that if this robot can work in real life conditions. It requires hedging and it requires lots of charts opened on your MT4 platform. The hedging is needed because ReticoloFX will open trades in the direction of the trend, and if the trend reverses before the target profit is reached new trades will be opened in the opposite direction. A good amount of charts is needed because a “reticolo basket” works on 7 charts simultaneously and a “reticolo ring” works on 3 charts simultaneously, therefore 2 baskets and 6 rings make up a whopping total of 32 charts on your platform.
Let’s see how to tackle this (apparent) problems.
The hedging is not actually a problem if you open an account with one of the many brokers that still allow hedging on their MT4 platform. Sometimes this is just a “trick” that the broker takes care of handling in its backend. That means the platform shows hedged trades while in fact the broker replicates a non-hedged position with respect to the real marketplace. We found this list of brokers that you may find helpful: http://www.100forexbrokers.com/brokers-for-hedging.
Regarding the big number of charts required to run a complete “ReticoloFX setup” please keep in mind two things:
- you don’t need to run all baskets and all rings in order to make money with ReticoloFX, therefore you may end up trading with a more reasonable number of charts (like 16) that can be handled pretty well by a single MT4 platform
- each EA requires very little RAM and CPU to execute, therefore the real problem is not messing up with too many charts on the same MT4 platform, but you can easily overcome this problem too
The simple trick I’m suggesting (this something I do daily for my own trading for a lot of different reasons) is to run the same MT4 account multiple times. There is no limitation in doing that on the same PC or even on multiple machines. The easiest way to do that is to just copy&paste your current MT4 installation folder to multiple folders. Then run the “terminal.exe” file on each folder and login each time with the same credentials. As an example you may setup 4 MT4 platforms running simultaneously:
- 1st MT4 platform: 7 charts for running the USD ReticoloFX basket
- 2nd MT4 platform: 7 charts for running the JPY ReticoloFX basket
- 3rd MT4 platform: 9 charts for running three ReticoloFX rings
- 4th MT4 platform: 9 charts for running other three ReticoloFX rings
Since each MT4 platform does not require much CPU and RAM (each ReticoloFX EA being very frugal on both memory and processing) this is a configuration that can work pretty well on most “normal” PCs available today. You may also consider spreading this configuration between 2 PCS.
That’s all for today. Stay tuned for the ReticoloFX release that will take place tomorrow May 24th 😉