Salve a tutti,
first of all a few updates:
- we almost finished developing PotenzaFX Groups EA. We are taking out bugs and running tests. Maybe we’ll add some improvements coming from the information I’ll detail below.
- we are done with DuettoFX indicator. It’ll be released next week. Probably on Tuesday.
- we are already working on Duetto FX EA. It should be ready in a few weeks. Probably at the beginning of March.
I’m sorry for being so “slow” but I’m under a sort of snow storm since more than one week now and weather forecast are not good for the coming days so I have problems working as usual due to the time I have to spend “managing” the situation. I live in Italy and we are not supposed (and so not that good) to deal with such a load of snow 😀
Anyway… what’s most important is that I have time to think about how to improve performances even more.
The Dynamic Lot Sizing (DLS) strategy works quite well. But sometimes it has problems in “locking” profits. So here’s what I’m working on.
As you know the DLS is made up of two sides: scale-in (opening/adding positions) and scale-out (closing positions entirely/partially ). We’ve seen that the opening is usually good if not very good, and therefore the “pyramiding”. We reach very good levels of profits.
The problems come when we have to “bank” those profits. We’ve seen that sometimes the closing procedure is too “slow” and so we loose some of them if not all.
We also know that actually the opening/adjusting/closing of the positions is made at the beginning of each new bar and/or at specific time intervals.
We’ll keep that for the opening and pyramining but we are testing the partial/total close (scale-out) of positions in real time. In this way as soon as the indicators detect a change of trend (or a retracement) they start banking some money.
We won’t do that for the opening as otherwise we risk to have several open/close signals in a row that would slowly erase our profits.
So the new candidate DLS algorithm….
- opens/adds position as usual (at the beginning of each bar and/or at specific periods)
- closes positions entirely/partially in real time (bar 0), as soon as the indicators indicate a lowering of the lot size
We are testing that. If, as expected, it helps improving performances, we’ll update all the EAs with it.
If you have any suggestion or comment they are welcome as usual.